Wednesday, June 23, 2010
Restoration of Baphuon temple
France has committed over half a million euros to projects aimed at restoring Baphuon temple in the Angkor temple complex and eliminating counterfeit pharmaceutical drugs. According to two agreements – signed by Sun Saphoeun, secretary of state at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and French Ambassador Jean-Francois Desmazieres on Tuesday – France will give €480,000 (US$588,619) for the continued renovation of Baphuon temple and €123,500 for the fight against counterfeit drugs in 2010. Renovation work at the temple began in 1995 with assistance from the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and in the past 15 years has cost around €7.8 million, Desmazieres said in a statement released by the French embassy.
Posted by 4tech at 9:14 PM
- Bank's golden opportunity
- Island project sparks concerns
- First Cambodia overpass road cut ribbon by PM
- Govt seeks to boost tourist arrivals by land
- On the Frontier of investment
- Decentralisation gets a mixed NGO review
- Buzz of success for forest honey hunters
- Restoration of Baphuon temple
- Arrest in Samlot land row
- Market plan meets rejection
- Nine most horrible places in the world-Bassac apar...
- Cambodian PM says war left over 90,000 disabled pe...
- Cotton exports
- PP gold dealers sell at record prices
- Vietnam to boost investment in Kingdom's rubber in...
- Modern Masterpieces
- Vision for Eco Resort Island continues in Cambodia...
- WING launches bill payments
- Bourse seminar
- tech 'tipping point'
- PP Water awards tender
- Asia-Pacific air growth heads for the skies
- Housing for the poor
- Turning data into a precious asset
- Cambodia: Real estate boost predicted
- Nation preps to drop tariffs
- Education from commerce
- ACLEDA set to launch Unity mobile banking
- World Bank consults with Cambodia on ‘constitution...
- World Bank applauds Cambodia for success in financ...
- Cambodia Cashew price spikes at end of harvest
- Int'l organizations help digging wells for Cambodi...
- Cambodia applies for coastline award to promote to...
- Khmer alt-rock band releases first album
- Lakeside corruption claim
- UN raises concerns over Cambodia's human rights re...
- The demise of Cambodia's cyclo drivers
- Cambodia's cyclo drivers pin hopes on tourism
- UN official accuses Cambodia of human rights breac...
- How plastic bag was banned in Cambodia
- Cambodia: No depicting statue of living politicial...
- Meeting of GMAC for garment wage increase
- Cambodian national anthem
- Pom Savada Khmer song in Karaoke format
- Japanese photos capture life in Cambodia
- Wholesaler eyes Cambodia-made chocolate
- Cyclo drivers face losing their occupation
- Rubbish exhibits with an aim to clean up city
- Fund manager warns not to link GDP, stocks
- A fund with a future in Cambodia
- Vietnam investors hit Cambodia
- Assessing Cambodia's HR needs
- Cambodia Business Arbitrators to start their train...
- Canadia Tower pencilled in as temporary bourse hom...
- CDC approves $230m in agro investments from across...
- Two men sentenced to 2 years after land dispute wi...
- Cambodia: 60,000 sign land-dispute petition
- Battambang labourers to demand back pay
- Govt to launch policy protecting migrant labourers...
- Khmer Govt OKs guide to resettlement
- Cambodia Govt aims for trade union law next year
- Cambodia: Draft union law is sent out for consulta...
- Cambodia: Property law changes in pipeline
- ▼ June (63)