The United Nations Special Rapporteur on Cambodia says he has serious concerns about Cambodia's human rights record. Surya Prasad Subedi has just ended a ten day mission to Cambodia, focussing mainly on the judiciary, and says he's uncovered serious shortcomings. He says it's a judicial system that's critically underfunded and fails to appropriately train people in the basics of human rights law.
Presenter: Rob Sharp
Speakers: Surya Prasad Subedi, UN Special Rapporteur on human rights in Cambodia
(source from ABC radio australia)
Saturday, June 19, 2010
- Bank's golden opportunity
- Island project sparks concerns
- First Cambodia overpass road cut ribbon by PM
- Govt seeks to boost tourist arrivals by land
- On the Frontier of investment
- Decentralisation gets a mixed NGO review
- Buzz of success for forest honey hunters
- Restoration of Baphuon temple
- Arrest in Samlot land row
- Market plan meets rejection
- Nine most horrible places in the world-Bassac apar...
- Cambodian PM says war left over 90,000 disabled pe...
- Cotton exports
- PP gold dealers sell at record prices
- Vietnam to boost investment in Kingdom's rubber in...
- Modern Masterpieces
- Vision for Eco Resort Island continues in Cambodia...
- WING launches bill payments
- Bourse seminar
- tech 'tipping point'
- PP Water awards tender
- Asia-Pacific air growth heads for the skies
- Housing for the poor
- Turning data into a precious asset
- Cambodia: Real estate boost predicted
- Nation preps to drop tariffs
- Education from commerce
- ACLEDA set to launch Unity mobile banking
- World Bank consults with Cambodia on ‘constitution...
- World Bank applauds Cambodia for success in financ...
- Cambodia Cashew price spikes at end of harvest
- Int'l organizations help digging wells for Cambodi...
- Cambodia applies for coastline award to promote to...
- Khmer alt-rock band releases first album
- Lakeside corruption claim
- UN raises concerns over Cambodia's human rights re...
- The demise of Cambodia's cyclo drivers
- Cambodia's cyclo drivers pin hopes on tourism
- UN official accuses Cambodia of human rights breac...
- How plastic bag was banned in Cambodia
- Cambodia: No depicting statue of living politicial...
- Meeting of GMAC for garment wage increase
- Cambodian national anthem
- Pom Savada Khmer song in Karaoke format
- Japanese photos capture life in Cambodia
- Wholesaler eyes Cambodia-made chocolate
- Cyclo drivers face losing their occupation
- Rubbish exhibits with an aim to clean up city
- Fund manager warns not to link GDP, stocks
- A fund with a future in Cambodia
- Vietnam investors hit Cambodia
- Assessing Cambodia's HR needs
- Cambodia Business Arbitrators to start their train...
- Canadia Tower pencilled in as temporary bourse hom...
- CDC approves $230m in agro investments from across...
- Two men sentenced to 2 years after land dispute wi...
- Cambodia: 60,000 sign land-dispute petition
- Battambang labourers to demand back pay
- Govt to launch policy protecting migrant labourers...
- Khmer Govt OKs guide to resettlement
- Cambodia Govt aims for trade union law next year
- Cambodia: Draft union law is sent out for consulta...
- Cambodia: Property law changes in pipeline
- ▼ June (63)